Welcome, Fellow Gnerds!

A gnerd [pronounced, "NER-dh"] is a noun.
It is used to name someone who both reads Asimov and can fix a computer virus.

We know every line from Dr. Horrible and the subplots
and backplots of Who.

We lurk around bookshelves.

We listen to Josh Groban and Chameleon Circuit.

We are every Judith, Max and Russell.


We congregate conventions.

We are the next generation.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Eating Butter with a Spoon

    Well, here I am at ten o'clock on a Wednesday night, eating butter with a spoon. Relax, its almond butter. But still. How did I sink so low? Normally by now I would be so absorbed in either a new book, a hilarious and intellectually stimulating television program, probably on the History channel and most definitely not anything on VH1, or dozing off into a fitful night's sleep. However, here I am, sitting alone in my kitchen with nothing but an LCD screen for company. And why? Because I am perfectly happy doing so. I don't mind that it's not a complete meal-nor even a snack. I didn't eat dinner tonight, so this is my sustenance until my morning Special K and soy milk routine. Also, it's freakin good. Not better than peanut butter, no of course not, but still. Better than I expected it to be.
    Speaking of which, today was Camcorder Day. You're right, this has nothing to do with the previous sentence, true. However, I didn't know of any other way to connect the two. To celebrate said holiday, I bought a.....drumroll please.........camcorder battery to replace the one I lost five months ago! Yay! I can now begin to make the movies that will shape and define the lives of others across the globe and be recognized for my genius and superior intellect. Or maybe I can just film my dog snoring at night. He's a dump truck, I swear.
    My father just came down as I wrote that last bit and informed me that "if I wanted to smell clean tomorrow at school I had better come up and take a shower now while the lights are on." Very subtle that one.
    Off to shower, then I suppose I should catch up on reading Hamlet. Shakespeare was one groovy dude though.

Lesson I learned today:
There are only four things you can do with your money;
1. Save it,
2. Invest it,
3. Give it away, or
4. Spend it.

No comments: