Welcome, Fellow Gnerds!

A gnerd [pronounced, "NER-dh"] is a noun.
It is used to name someone who both reads Asimov and can fix a computer virus.

We know every line from Dr. Horrible and the subplots
and backplots of Who.

We lurk around bookshelves.

We listen to Josh Groban and Chameleon Circuit.

We are every Judith, Max and Russell.


We congregate conventions.

We are the next generation.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

List #11

Top Ten Favorite Feelings

10. When someone or something makes me laugh-I love the feeling I get when I laugh. It's great. It's like a warm belly feeling, where I feel like I should have a headache but I don't.
9. When a pair of jeans fit just right-I'm a girl, its hereditary or something. In my blood, whenever you can feel the denim material not too tight, not too loose, you know you've found the right pair and it's perfect, it may be equivalent to holding your first child, I don't know.
8. When I fall in love with a literary character-Dexter from This Lullaby, I'm talking to you.
7. The relief I feel right after I'm done peeing-You've felt it too. It's like, you know, a serious feeling of "aaaaaaah" and you just can't help but smile. Yeah? Or is that just me?
6. The moment a friend looks at you and says, "I'm so glad we're friends"-It's like this feeling of being accepted comes hand in hand with a sort of protection feeling. Like being accepted automatically protects you from bullying [insertion: THIS IS NOT THE CASE HARDLY EVER. not from personal experience or anything like that, of course].
5. After compliments- It's always nice to be praised, and  I think that feeling is the inflating of my ego.
4. After I take a deep breath- I feel sustained. Living is I guess the right word for this one here.
3. I suppose I ought to say after I pray. Granted, I do indeed feel different after I pray, but I'm always racked with so much guilt, like "I suck, I only pray when I need something, wah wah look at me me me me me me me me me me me me me me pity me pity me I'm a bad person" guilt when I pray, that I feel like I shouldn't even type that here. I feel like it's cheating.
2. When someone laughs at one of my jokes-Its a pleasantly squeezing sensation in your tummy and lungs. A pride of a sort. It's wonderfully freeing and grounding all at the same time.
1. When I read something, and its worded beautifully, and I just get it. Its akin to the feeling you may feel when you get a test back and the answer is not only not marked wrong, but it has a comment next to it stating that your knowledge of the subject in question is far superior than that of your classmates. When you read something and it connects with you, you can actually feel the words pumping down your varicose veins and straight into the tips of your toes, which will tingle, before shooting up into your heart. Thats what understanding feels like. Pins and needles.


    Today Is: National Beaver Day
    Word of the Day: "Paraplegic"
    Lesson Learned Today:
        Demi Lovato is NOT Demi Moore [take THAT, Joel McHale]

1 comment:

jessmcfadden said...

L L L LL LLOOOO OOOOOO OO OOO OOOOOOV VVE THIS.