Welcome, Fellow Gnerds!

A gnerd [pronounced, "NER-dh"] is a noun.
It is used to name someone who both reads Asimov and can fix a computer virus.

We know every line from Dr. Horrible and the subplots
and backplots of Who.

We lurk around bookshelves.

We listen to Josh Groban and Chameleon Circuit.

We are every Judith, Max and Russell.


We congregate conventions.

We are the next generation.

Friday, April 9, 2010

List #12

Top Ten Reasons Why Gus Is the Best, Most Relaxed Dog I Know.

10. For the most part of tonight, he was sitting in the basement. Alone. By himself. I couldn't coax him up. Because he knew what he wanted to do. He knew where he wanted to be. And all of my pleading and tempting could do nothing to hurry him up. He just came up five minutes ago, because he was ready.
9. I'm sitting here, petting him, and he's just staring at me. I love it. He's giving me full reign on the petting scale. My own dogs would be rolling around, moving their heads, trying to subtly tell me where to pet/scratch them. Not Gus. He's just letting me do my thing, smiling all the while.
8. He is my grandparents' dog, so I get the bonus of seeing him in all of his cuteness and none of his angst. Much like small children.
7. He's old. I love it, but at the same time, whenever I think about him being old and hurting, I get a funny pain in my abdomen. Like I can feel him wincing when he walks up the stairs. Its the mothering feeling I get, where I just want to make sure he is as comfortable as he can be and I'm always moving stuff so as to make it easier for him.
6. His ears are soft as fuzz. They're delightful-OH! He just laid his head on my lap. Bonus points Gus. Bonus points. How cute is that? How flipping cute!
5. His name is Gus- It pretty much doesn't get any better than that.
4. I actually remember trying to name him. And my grandpa, because we were young, kept suggesting the name *insert the sound of a raspberry without pressing your face on a baby's tummy here*. We as children thought it was hilarious. I still do.
3. Sleeping in my Nana's old house, it was always comforting knowing that Gus was sitting right outside the door. Not that I was ever frightened, but if I ever was, I knew Gus was there, and dogs as a rule are protective animals.
2. Something about a dog's inability to jump up onto a couch makes you love them. I just relocated my comfortable position on the couch to the floor for him, to accommodate him, to make it easier access for him to lick me, because I knew he would want to. That is love, people. That right there.
1. And that right there is why he is the best and most relaxed dog. Because I love him. End of story.


    Today Is: National Cherish An Antique Day and Winston Churchill Day.
    Word of The Day: "gripe"
    Lesson Learned:
        Matt Smith can never replace David Tennant. But he can try and it will not count against him.

No comments: